loader image

Reply To: How to Stop Ad Blocker Detection on Websites Like YouTube

What makes us different from other similar websites? Forums Tech How to Stop Ad Blocker Detection on Websites Like YouTube Reply To: How to Stop Ad Blocker Detection on Websites Like YouTube

thumbtak
Keymaster

I have been working hard to try and combat this annoying issue. I do not want to allow ads as they can be a security risk, well the ones on YouTube as they have tracking. Anyway, I found another way around it, that seems to be working for now, they keep making code changes. The way I found only works in Linux and requires you to install an application, or two.

YouTube Red [Icon]

1. Open Terminal
  2. Run the following command in terminal:
    $ sudo apt install snapd
    Step number two installs an application store that is commonly used on Linux.
  3. Run the following command in terminal:
    $ sudo snap install red-app
    Step number three installs an application called “Red – Youtube Client for Linux”.
  4. Open the app called “Red” or “red-app”.
  5. Make sure you check for updates by occasionally running the command,
    $ sudo snap refresh
  6. You are now finished. Hopefully this works.Note: If anyone is having issues, let us know, and I am sure one of use will have something that can add to help.
  • This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by thumbtak. Reason: Added an update command and fixed the text layout
  • This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by thumbtak. Reason: Info redacted. Look below
TAKs Shack