Display (Left of Main) [Xubuntu]
What makes us different from other similar websites? › Forums › Tech › Display (Left of Main) [Xubuntu]
- October 27, 2019 at 9:56 pm #1699thumbtakKeymaster
1. Win. key + F
2. Browse to Documents
3. Right Click and create empty file.
4. Name it Dual-Display.sh
5. Right click file. Edit with Mousepad.
6. Win key + T
xrandrto find out name of display.
7. Return to Mousepad from step 5.
8. Copy the following text, but make sure you replace HDMI-1 with the name of the monitor to the left and eDP-1 with the name of the monitor to the right.
#!/bin/bash sudo xrandr --output HDMI-1 --auto --left-of eDP-1 exit
10. Right click on XFCE4 panel and choose Panel => Add New Item.
11. Find Launcher in list and add it to the panel.
12. Right Click panel again and choose Panel => Panel Preferences.
13. Move the Panel where you want it to be located, under the Item tab.
14. Right Click Launcher icon you created and choose Properties.
15. Click the Pencil icon.
16. Click the folder icon and choose the directory where the SH file is located.
17. In command type, click the folder and browse for the sh file you created.
18. Click icon and choose an icon that you want to use. You can download one and save it, or use one that is in the system.
19. Check Run in terminal.
20. Save and try the new Launcher you added.November 1, 2019 at 7:25 pm #1718thumbtakKeymaster
Here is an Icon file that you can use.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.