Skype Messaging Only App (32-bit/64-bit)
What makes us different from other similar websites? › Forums › Tech › Skype Messaging Only App (32-bit/64-bit)
- December 10, 2018 at 8:36 am #1297October 22, 2019 at 12:39 pm #1689
Update for people running Debian based systems.
1. sudo apt-get update
2. sudo apt-get install pidgin -y
Install Skype Plugin
1. cd /
2. mkdir skypeforweb
3. sudo apt-get install libpurple-dev libjson-glib-dev cmake gcc
4. git clone git://github.com/EionRobb/skype4pidgin.git
5. cd skype4pidgin/skypeweb
6. mkdir build
7. cd build
8. cmake ..
11. sudo dpkg -i skypeweb-1.5.0-Linux.deb
12. cd /
13. rm -rf skypeforweb
Note: Make sure you enable your account in Pidgin. Replay with questions or issues.August 20, 2020 at 7:41 pm #1994
I have been having issues with Skype for Pidgin. It started today. I am looking into it, but for the time I have worked on an update that might help some people.
sudo apt-get install libpurple-dev libjson-glib-dev cmake gcc
git clone git://github.com/EionRobb/skype4pidgin.git
10. Look for a deb file and select the text and copy it.
sudo dpkg -i [deb package here without brackets]
cd ..until you are just before the skype folder we created.
rm -rf skype
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.