loader image

Valve is seemingly gearing up to sell refurbished Steam Decks

What makes us different from other similar websites? Forums Games Valve is seemingly gearing up to sell refurbished Steam Decks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    thumbtak
    Keymaster

steam_deck

Update August 8th, 2:24PM ET: Shortly after we published this story, Valve officially announced that it is selling refurbished Steam Decks. Our original article follows.

Valve might sell refurbished Steam Decks sometime soon. The creator of the SteamDB database tweeted Monday about “certified refurbished” Steam Decks in all three storage offerings, and deals maestro Wario64 tweeted screenshots of the listings soon after (via Gizmodo). Unfortunately, as I write this, Wario64’s links redirect to Steam’s main landing page, and it doesn’t seem like the links were accessible for very long.
    If Valve’s refurbished Steam Decks do go on sale at the prices in Wario64’s screenshots, they’ll offer some nice savings over the prices of new ones:

• 64GB: $319 refurbished versus $399 for new
    • 256GB: $419 refurbished versus $529 for new
    • 512GB: $519 refurbished versus $649 for new

That said, we don’t yet know how Valve’s “certified refurbished” Steam Decks might differ from a brand-new device. If Valve does put these cheaper Steam Decks on sale and you want to buy one, just know that it may have scuffs or imperfections that you wouldn’t find if you bought one new. Valve didn’t immediately reply to a request for comment.
    Still, if you’re looking for a more affordable way to get a Steam Deck, I’d guess these refurbished units could be a very good deal. I love my Steam Deck, and if you’re interested at all in getting one, I’d highly recommend it. It launched in a bit of a rough state, but as my colleague Sean Hollister said at the beginning of this year, it’s ready now.

Quoted

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TAKs Shack